Orlando Hospital Negligence Attorney
Hospitals may be held accountable for the negligent actions of their employees and agents. Hospital employees or agents may include physicians, nurses, technicians, aides and administrative personnel. The most common theory of liability against a hospital is based on the failure of nursing personnel to provide reasonable care to a patient. The patient may have a valid medical malpractice claim if the failure to provide reasonable care causes an injury to the patient.
With a rarely combined medical and legal education (from Brown University Medical School and the University of Florida College of Law), Michael Barszcz, M.D. J.D., has unique qualifications as an Orlando medical malpractice attorney . Mr. Barszcz represents clients in personal injury claims, accident and medical malpractice cases. In the past 24 years as a trial attorney, Mr. Barszcz has won multi-million dollar settlements and verdicts and has recovered more that $120 million dollars on behalf of his clients.
Causes of Hospital Negligence
The most frequent examples of hospital negligence often result from the following:
- Careless hospital employees
- Insufficient skills possessed by hospital staff
- Disregard for established procedures and rules
- Lack of diligence or supervision
- Improper or insufficient communication
A hospital negligence claim may also include any of the following actions or inactions:
- Errors in medication and its administration
- Infections resulting from improper care
- Failure to properly treat an illness
- Misdiagnosis and incorrect treatment
- Failure to consult a specialist
- Failure to order proper testing
- Failure to properly monitor a patient
- Failure in correctly stabilizing a patient
- Improper operation of a medical device
- Negligence causing birth injury or trauma
- Unnecessary or unauthorized surgical procedures
Michael V. Barszcz, M.D., J.D., is a uniquely qualified and experienced medical negligence lawyer who maintains a law firm that is dedicated to providing professional legal counseling. The legal team at the Law Offices of Michael Barszcz, M.D., J.D., strives to provide each client with diligent personal service. Mr. Barszcz primarily focuses on the legal representation of accident or medical malpractice victims that have sustained catastrophic injury or death.
To learn more about hospital negligence or other negligence claims, please contact the Law Offices of Michael Barszcz, M.D., J.D., for a free consultation. We represent clients throughout Florida and in the Orlando, Florida area.
Failure to diagnose and treat uterine cancer leads to spread of cancer.
Motor vehicle accident leads to lower extremity scarring.
Rear end collision leads to neck surgery and shoulder surgery