We have many years of legal experience as accident attorneys...
To prevail in a claim based on medical negligence the patient...
The tragic and unexpected death of a loved one, due to someone's...
A Personal Injury claim is a claim for injuries that is commonly...
Orlando & Winter Park, Florida
Medical Negligence / Surgical Negligence
The majority of health care providers in Florida are qualified, highly educated professionals that have honorably accepted a challenge to care for the infirmed. The occupation of a dedicated surgeon is often a selfless and under-appreciated job that requires long hours and the ability to make split-second life or death decisions. We should be thankful and appreciate that there are many caring, compassionate, and qualified surgical teams in our state that care for us with great skill and sound medical judgment.
Orlando Medical Negligence Lawyer, Michael Barszcz, M.D., J.D., and his legal team have respect and admiration for the men and women who perform surgery and save lives every day. We refuse to participate in any frivolous lawsuit against health care providers that have exercised reasonable judgment in the care of a patient. We strongly believe that our skilled medical professionals should not have their medical or surgical practice interrupted by unsubstantiated legal claims. However, we also believe that it is important to pursue meritorious medical negligence cases to protect the rights of the victim when unreasonable treatment has caused significant harm.
Examples of Surgical Negligence
- Failing to provide the patient with adequate pre-operative information (lack of informed consent)
- Operating on the wrong side of the body
- Performing an unnecessary procedure
- Failing to perform appropriate pre-operative testing
- Failing to obtain appropriate pre-operative clearance
- Failing to timely and appropriately recognize post-operative complications or infections
- Failing to seek timely medical or sub-specialty consultations
- Leaving medical instruments or foreign objects in the body
Florida Medical Malpractice Attorney, Michael Barszcz has a medical degree from Brown University Medical School and a law degree from University of Florida College of Law. This unique combination of MD and JD gives Mr. Barszcz an advantage when pursuing complex medical litigation on behalf of his injured clients. As a former defense attorney for insurance companies, physicians, and hospitals, Mr. Barszcz is able to analyze the evaluation of medical claims. This gives his clients an advantage when they seek legal counsel in these complicated matters.
You may contact the Law Offices of Michael Barszcz, M.D., J.D., serving Orlando, Florida, for a free consultation if you have suffered harm due to surgical negligence. There is no charge to discuss the facts or circumstances of your potential claim with our Florida medical malpractice attorney.
- Law Office of Michael Barszcz, M.D., J.D.
- 2721 West Fairbanks Avenue #200 Winter Park, FL, 32789
- 1-800-516-2131 (toll free)
- 407-843-6353 (local)
- 407-740-7699 (fax)