We have many years of legal experience as accident attorneys...
To prevail in a claim based on medical negligence the patient...
The tragic and unexpected death of a loved one, due to someone's...
A Personal Injury claim is a claim for injuries that is commonly...
Bad Faith Insurance
Orlando & Winter Park, Florida
When you purchase insurance coverage of any kind, you do so in good faith. You assume that if you pay your premiums on time that any claims you submit will be timely and honestly evaluated pursuant to the terms of your policy.
Some insurance companies routinely deny legitimate claims or fail to settle claims within the policy limits when they could, and should, have settled the claims. If the insurance company fails to evaluate or resolve your meritorious claim in a timely and reasonable manner you have a valid bad faith claim.
Michael Barszcz, M.D., J.D. holds a medical degree from the Brown University Medical School and a law degree from the University of Florida College of Law. He has 20 years of litigation experience and uses his unique background to provide clients with aggressive, high quality representation in complex medical litigation cases. Mr. Barszcz is dedicated to helping injured victims receive fair settlements for their damages in an array of accident, medical malpractice, and personal injury lawsuits. As a former defense lawyer representing insurance companies, medical centers, and doctors, he possesses a deeper understanding of the strategies utilized against his clients, and he is better able to anticipate the moves of his adversaries, providing his clients with an additional edge in their legal representation.
Examples of Bad Faith Practices
The following examples may demonstrate evidence of bad faith in the evaluation of an insurance claim:
- The misrepresentation of pertinent facts relating to policy coverage and provisions
- Failure to acknowledge and act in a timely manner on claims that arise under a policy
- Failure to promptly implement investigations into claims arising under a policy
- Refusal to pay claims without a reasonable investigation based upon available information
- Failure to acknowledge proof of loss statements and determine coverage parameters
- Failure to in good faith prompt timely and reasonable settlement amounts when liability has been reasonably established
- Failure to offer reasonable settlements entitled to the insured
- Attempting to settle claims with the use of an altered application which was not approved by the insured
- Delaying investigation and settlement payments of insured claims
At the Law Offices of Michael Barszcz, M.D., J.D., we represent clients on a contingency basis. This means that the attorneys are only paid a fee if there is a recovery in your case. To learn more about a bad faith insurance claim, please contact the Law Offices of Michael Barszcz, M.D., J.D., serving Orlando, Florida, to schedule a free consultation.
- Law Office of Michael Barszcz, M.D., J.D.
- 2721 West Fairbanks Avenue #200 Winter Park, FL, 32789
- 1-800-516-2131 (toll free)
- 407-843-6353 (local)
- 407-740-7699 (fax)